Call for Sectoral-Bridging Studies
Updated: Apr 20
The UK Manufacturing Symbiosis NetworkPLus (UKMSN+) was set up to address the circular economy priority area in the EPSRC Manufacturing the Future programme.
For this second round, £420k has been allocated to fund Sectorial-Bridging Feasibility Studies no longer than 16 months (must be completed by the 31st of October 2022). Each study will conduct cross-sectorial research targeting at least two industry / manufacturing sectors of the UK economy. These projects will be aimed at exploring cutting-edge innovations on business models, digital technologies or novel materials which facilitate industrial symbiosis initiatives, i.e. industrial collaborations based on resource exchanges, to support the UK transition to the circular economy.
· Two studies in the area of ‘restorative / regenerative business models’ – up to £80,000 per project.
· One study in the area of ‘digital technologies and systems’ – up to £130,000.
· One study in the area of ‘materials science and engineering’ – up to £130,000.
*Funding will be awarded at 80% FEC (Full Economic Cost) and up to the above stated amounts.
Application Submission Deadline - 30th of April 2021
Funding Decision Communicated - 17th of May 2021
Project Start Date - ideally by the end of June 2021
You can watch the recording of the UKMSN+ informative webinar held on the 18th of March 2021, including the Q&A session with Dr Luciano Batista.
- First part (approx. 14 minutes): Funding Call presentation
- Second part (approx. 13 minutes): Q&A session
For further information on the UKMSN+ network and the application process, please contact the UKMSN+ team.